Brighthat – We are passionate about providing educational opportunities to learners of all ages by connecting then to the best tutors anywhere, anytime.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tutor – English Language (UTME, WAEC, IGCSE, GCE) and Mathematics (Primary 1 – 6 or Grades 1 – 5 Level)
Employment Type: Part-time
About the Role
- We are looking for English Language (WAEC, NECO, GCE, UTME and IGCSE) and Mathematics (Primary School Level ONLY) tutors who are passionate about imparting knowledge in ways that promote students’ understanding and achievement of their learning goals.
- The tutor will be a subject matter expert in teaching these subjects and has a proven record of excellent lesson delivery that has helped learners improve their interest in the subject with a improve outcomes in WAEC, NECO, GCE, UTME / JAMB and IGCSE.
- We only work with vetted tutors who have successfully gone through a carefully designed 5- Step Assessment Process.
- Successful tutors will be taken through the BrightHat Training and Certification Program to teach students online globally.
- We recommend you only apply if you are available 4pm – 8pm on weekdays and 10am – 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct one-on-one and small group online sessions for students nationwide.
- Prepare students for WAEC, NECO, GCE, UTME/JAMB and IGCSE examinations for English tutors.
- Support students struggling with Grades 1 – 6 mathematics in Primary school for Mathematics tutors.
- Guide students to improve on their learning gaps over multiple communication channels.
- Develop and deliver lesson plan to address the need of learners, teaching them online.
- Give career and entrance examination related guidance to students.
- Understand the learning deficiencies while interacting with the students and put them to use while creating lesson plans, activities etc
- Ability to assess students as well as themselves (self-reflection of teaching practices)
- Ability to create lesson plans and deliver the lessons while engaging students to achieve the planned lesson goals.
- Analyze and assess student performance to determine ways instructional approaches need to be changed or modified to ensure student success.
- Review diagnostics test results for new learners to develop learning goals and appropriate courses that will help attain those goals. Communicate same in a report to the academic coordinator.
- Provide answers to students’ questions.
Qualifications and Additional Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Literature in English or English Language disciplines.
- Master in Education is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching in a reputable school with proven evidence of helping to students to improve outcomes in local and international examinations.
- Experience teaching IGCSE / A LEVELS, SAT, WASSCE / NECO, JAMB curriculum for English tutors and National Common entrance into secondary schools for Mathematics tutors.
- Possess a personal computer that is in good shape, well charged with microphone and webcam / camera is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet browsers
- You need to bring a creative and analytical approach to this position.
- Detail-oriented critical thinkers with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work in groups and demonstrate leadership skills are important.
- Ability to apply problem solving and decision-making skills in the creation and implementation of new curriculum and academic materials.
- Ability to assess students as well as themselves.
- Ability to create lesson plans and deliver the lessons while engaging the students to achieve the plan’s lesson goals.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent speaking and written skills.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online