Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a player in the Oil and Gas sector requires suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dredge and Marine Engineer
- The dredging engineer will be responsible for technical support to the site Team and to the Home Office Engineering Team.
- He / she will ensure construction compliance with the approved design and facilitate the construction activity with the Site Team, providing onsite technical assistance and guidance on the structural design of marine infrastructure, dredging and hydrographic surveying.
- The dredging engineer will also liaise with the Home Office Engineering Team to ensure that Contractor queries are answered and also to provide feedback to the Home Office Engineering Team as required. Areas of technical competence will be in dredging, corrosion protection and hydrographic survey.
- The engineer will help monitor and supervise preliminary surveying and review subsurface investigations.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 Years of Experience in Heavy Construction and Port Construction and Marine Engineering
- Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
- Able to manage the section of works and staff to a tight schedule and specification;
- Strong dredging design background and capacity for on site interpretive analysis, be able to assist and advise the design team with site specific design issues;
- Able to monitor the project dredging contractor performance against specific expectations, interpret results and offer required, timely solutions;
- Siltation and estuary dredging maintenance knowledge;
- Ability to coordinate the implementation of the constructability review program during the design and construction phases of the project;
- Ability to advise on the preparation and implementation of the project dredging quality program;
- Able to advise on tracking commodities on quantity tracking systems or other computer database programs as required;
- Able to maintain good working relationship with Home Office Engineering Team, Construction Team and contractors’ representatives;
- Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team;
- Ability to monitor the project construction team’s performance against approved design;
- A strong knowledge of codes and guidelines in dredging as well as spoil disposal regulations;
- Knowledge of environmental issues surrounding dredging in deep water to include the disposal of spoil;
- Knowledge surrounding the fluid mechanics of dredging as well as knowledge in the types of dredgers common in the industry
- Fit and healthy for remote on site conditions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their updated CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline 18th December, 2020.