FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Requisition No: 2020200041
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: Finance and Admin Officer (FAO)
Job Type: Full time
- Under the direction of the FAO, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting, administrative, and logistical support services to the state office.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany executed sub project documents.
- Prepare monthly reporting/ budgets data entry into excel spreadsheets and automated MIS reports and disseminate information to state office.
- Assists the FAO in arranging travel logistics for state office staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Handles all photocopying assignments, development and printing of photographs including reproduction of recorded videotapes for the zonal office.
- Assists the FAO in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Assists the FAO in the maintenance of an efficient records/storage of all office supplies.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the state office (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the state.
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Manages incentive payments for community volunteers and field site transactions
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years’ post NYSC experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Good knowledge of computer and excellent typing skills.
- Sound accounting skills
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan.
Other Benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.