The University of Port Harcourt was established in 1975 as a College of the University of Lagos and gained full autonomous status in 1977. The University is a Centre of Academic Excellence with a mandate to provide qualitative and research oriented education in the Niger Delta region and Nigeria at large.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates for appointment in the position below:
Job Title: Director, Physical Planning and Development
Location: Choba-Port Harcourt, Rivers
Qualifications / Experience
- The right candidate for the job must possess a good honours Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Quantity Surveying from a recognized institution and registered with relevant professional bodies with a minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience.
- The candidate must have served in the position of Deputy Director of Physical Planning or similar position.
- The candidate must be proficient in ICT, especially in computer aided designs. In addition, the preferred candidates must possess excellent communication skills and be in good health to be able to endure the rigours of duty in a 21st century office environment.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions attached to the position are as applicable in Nigerian University System.
- The appointment shall be for a term of five (5) years.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send ten (10) copies of their Applications accompanied with detailed CV including names and addresses of there (3) referees with a set of photocopies of certificates and relevant credentials to:
University of Port Harcourt,
PMB 5323, Port Harcourt,
- Envelopes containing the applications must be marked “Application for the post of Director, Physical Planning and Development”.
- Candidates should also request the Referees to forward references on their behalf, under confidential cover directly to the Registrar.
- Candidates invited for interview should bring along original copies of their credentials.