Cornerstone Montessori Schools was established in 2005 to cater to the holistic developmental needs of children aged 3 months to 12 years in a purposefully planned and prepared environment. Since its establishment, the school has grown considerably over the years and impacted the lives of thousands of children who have had the opportunity of being a part of the system. We are, however, not resting on our oars, but are continuously and relentlessly reaching for greater heights.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Classroom Teacher
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
We are in need of:
- Experienced Information and Communication Technology Teacher
- Mathematic Teacher
- Science Teacher
- Literacy Teacher
- To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.
Essential Functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities. Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, tests and assignments.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work. Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development. Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities. Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed. Other duties as assigned.
Qualification, Knowledge Skills and Ability Required
- B.A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching Minnesota State certification in teaching in the appropriate subject area.
- 5 – 15 years work experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Application Deadline 24th June, 2021.