Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Tax Accountant
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Financial Controller
Purpose of Job
- Ensuring the company meets and complies with regulatory and statutory obligations as and when due, thereby, ensuring good corporate governance.
- Prepare tax payments
- Estimate and track tax returns
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual tax reports
- Organise and update the company’s database
- Recommend tax strategies that align with business goals
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- Share financial data with the Accounting department
- Processing monthly Pension remittances and resolution of pension matters
- Processing TCC for the company
- Reconciliation of various tax ledgers
- Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits
- Follow industry trends and tracks changes related to taxes
- Liaise with internal and external Auditors
- Forecast tax predictions to senior managers
- Any others task as assigned by the Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
- Minimum of B.Sc qualification in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Industry certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA e.t.c) is essential and compulsory.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification cognate experience is essential.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Strong numeracy skills
- Knowledge of accounting and book-keeping procedures
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Familiarity with ERP
- Keen attention to details
- Good written and verbal communication
- Computer literacy (MS Office etc).
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online