The National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP) is a division of the Department of Public Health, in the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMH). The concept of NASCP and its mandate is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of the Nigeria government policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for the prevention of new HIV infections as well as improve on the existing treatment, care and support for those persons already infected and affected by the virus in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information / Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 5 Years
- We are implementing a CDC supported 5-year project to deliver client-centered high quality comprehensive HIV care and treatment and laboratory services to reach the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets and end AIDS by 2030.
- This project employs a patient-centered approach that integrates contextual health systems strengthening with comprehensive HIV care, including critical services mainstreamed towards those infected and affected by HIV.
- Develop and implement Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plans to include clearly defined indicators that reflect a system for the consistent and accurate collection, collation, analysis and use of data as well as clarity on the evaluation approach for outcome and impact level results
- In collaboration with Program Director, liaise with partners involved in SI implementation.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of performance indicators in line with per N-SHIP targets
- Lead the planning, co-ordination and implementation of the overall N-SHIP M&E team work plans
- Implement standard operating procedures to ensure accurate and timely data reporting, minimization of risks, and adherence to data quality standards, including periodic internal routine data quality assessments, and, where necessary, make adjustments as per the data audit findings
- Support accurate reporting and preparation of annual reports for the Project
- Provide and support planning and implementation of trainings in project monitoring and reporting as needed by project staff and local implementing partners
- Assess monitoring and evaluation capacity building needs of sub-national actors and local implementing partners and develop capacity building plans to address the needs identified.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of periodic impact evaluation studies and research studies, in conjunction with the technical team, and ensure that all such activities are in line with organization policies and practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- MB.BS / Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Health Sciences or any other quantitative Social Sciences.
- An advanced Degree in Public Health, Data Analytics, Health Informatics, Social Sciences, Demography, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or any other related field.
- Applied training in monitoring and evaluation, including research methods
- Ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages such as SPSS, R, Epi-Info, Stata or SAS.
- At least 7 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of large health programs
- 5 years management experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV activities.
- Strong working knowledge of public health systems
- Prior experience working on public health programmes at national level.
- Previous experience with donor reporting requirements and HIV–related indicators would be an advantage.
- Report of monthly programmatic data using the indicators
- Timely delivery of project activities and reports and performance indicators
- Quarterly progress update based on dashboard
- Quarterly dissemination of scorecard
- Timely delivery of Quarterly and annual programme report
- Contracting & Accountability:
- The officer will be accountable to the National Coordinator and reporting directly to the National Coordinator through the head of Strategic information unit.
S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2022 (5:00PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Any application sent in after the set deadline will be disqualified.