Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) translates to Doctors without Borders. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff – bound together by our charter. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of nearly 65,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Location: Ngala / Gambaru, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountability
- Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out an evaluation of the mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behaviour during sessions.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Essential Degree or Diploma in Psychology
- Essential 2 years experience minimum as a Psychologist
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork
- Candidate applying must have a valid national identity card issued by NIMC & a BVN Number.
Application Closing Date
1st February, 2022 at 12:00hrs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID card.
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.