Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Account Cloud Engineer
Job ID: ACE-220007W6
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job: Pre Sales
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Mission of Technology Cloud Engineering group is to enable customers to realize the significant value of Oracle Cloud by providing an industry leading experience through the provision of lifecycle technical expertise.
- To simplify and enhance our customer experience by evolving the technical cloud ecosystem and framework enabling our teams to maximize their technical and commercial capabilities and deliver value for our customers and Oracle.
Account Cloud Engineer (ACE):
- The ACE is a customer aligned role responsible for the full Cloud adoption lifecycle from project concept to usage and expansion within the customer.
Role and Responsibilities
- ACE will orchestrate all activity in the account and is always in the leading position.
- Actively involved in the Oracle account team in defining and driving the consumption growth strategy.
- Is accountable for the successful experience of customer(s) in their territory.
- Understands customers overall portfolio, IT and business priorities and establishes a solution that addresses customer needs.
- Establishes self as a Trusted Advisor to customers.
- Informs customers/prospects on Oracle emerging technologies and how they will create value and competitive differentiation
- Presents Oracle’s technology demonstrating deep familiarity with infrastructure, security and integration capabilities.
- Acts as customer SPOC for cloud engineering related and consumption-related aspects
- Leads activities and assembles virtual cloud engineering teams to help position the value of Oracle’s Cloud and to set and continually meet customer expectations.
- Leads design, building, preparation, and presentation of customer driven demos and PoCs to diverse audiences, representing the capabilities of the Oracle Cloud Platform.
- Responsible for bringing in workload architects support to ensure design and positioning of holistic solutions to the satisfaction of customer stakeholders.
- Takes ownership for utilizing the right resources internally as well as in cooperation with external stakeholders, to ensure a joined-up approach with the customer in terms of actions and communications
- Takes ownership for coordinating cross-line-of-business resources to conduct Architecture and Technical Workshops, during Sales and Adoption cycles
- Drives activities to increase awareness, demand and adoption of Oracle Cloud portfolio of services.
- As the customer cloud lifecycle manager the role will require to liaise with partners as well as Oracle Services organizations in order to expand the Cloud potential of existing, ongoing projects.
- Preferred but not required qualifications include: Bachelor of Science-level University Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering from accredited university; and/or relevant 8 years technical experience.
- Advanced degree in relevant field of studies highly desirable.
- Broad technical experience of Oracle Technology and Oracle Cloud solutions along with high levels of experience in implementing and accompanying customers in Oracle Cloud adoption.
- Demonstrates leadership capability including the ability to delegate activities & involve the right teams/skills sets.
- 5-10 years’ experience with critical customer IT systems, applications and complex architectures.
- Clearly able to articulate the Cloud offerings in the market and with the ability to lead engagements relevant to Cloud as well as hybrid IT architecture
- Fluent in current Oracle Cloud Portfolio and experienced in designing from simple to complex and large-scale cloud projects
- Translates customer needs into solutions enabling the customer to achieve their goals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for a group with high degree of comfort speaking across all levels of management (eg IT management, Architects, administrators and executives).
- OCI Certification will be considered a plus
- Familiarity and certification on Oracle or 3rd party IT Architecture or Service Management frameworks (eg TOGAF, OEA, ECal, ITIL, etc) will be considered a plus
- High level of commercial business understanding
- Intelligence to identify key trends and insights and leverage them in driving decision making and execution within customer
- Experience in engaging and influencing senior leaders.
- Ability to build relationships to grow business. Act as a partner to our customers, not just a vendor.
- Strong collaboration skills and drive for impact and influence
- Experience of owning customer loyalty, culture and change management
- Experience in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Experience in understanding complex customer ecosystems with the ability to translate customer needs into workable solutions.
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online