NorthStan Limited is a reputable Oil and Gas company situated at Ibeju-Lekki, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos in Nigeria. We have subsidiaries in Real Estate & Property Development, Power Generation, Renewable Energy & Agriculture companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- It is highly essential that the candidate has a Strong Litigation background to be able to maintain relationships with external solicitors and management of the company’s numerous litigation portfolios.
- It is essential the candidate has a good knowledge of the Nigerian Petroleum Industry Act and Agricultural Laws.
- Drafting, vetting and preparation of routine contracts pertaining to property, license, non-disclosure agreements, intellectual property rights etc., vetting tender documents, handling arbitration matters and civil suits before various courts of law should any arise and co-ordination with law consultants.
- Drafting, vetting and preparation of MOAs, MOUs, Bank guarantee, Indemnity Bonds if any, Undertakings and authority letters, vendor contracts, legal contracts, briefs, deeds, leases, JVAs, and other legal papers.
- Review of Agreements and provision of legal advice and opinions to Management Prepare and draft all legal documents and agreements relating to ICNL’s operations (e.g. supplier contract, insurance contracts, employee contracts, service level agreements) for the Managing Director for review.
- Provide company secretarial services – attendance of board meetings, keeping of minutes, board resolutions and filings with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Attendance of court proceedings and liaison with law enforcement agencies.
- Provide useful inputs in the formulation of deals and contracts.
- Prepare all relevant documents needed for filing statutory reports.
- Assist in obtaining and renewing statutory permits from NPA, SON, MAN, NIMASA, NEPC, COREN, etc.
- Preparation and perfection of property title documents – leases, Deed of Assignment and contract of sale.
- Maintain all legal documentation within the department ensuring proper filing and completeness.
- Follow up with relevant departments on outstanding legal documents/responses.
- Drafting and Vetting of all legal documents and co-ordination with lawyers to ensure documents are legally sound.
- Management of all Consultant Contracts. (B). Liaison with Government Offices and Consultant Lawyers.
- Visit to competent Authorities for documentations, follow up and keeping the record of the same.
Handling of court cases:
- Preparation of case drafts.
- Coordination and briefing/discussion with the lawyers for legal cases and to negotiate the fee structure.
- Coordinate and make arrangements required for arbitration proceedings and provide the required documents to appointed advocate for proceeding of arbitration.
- Follow up with advocates for updating of legal cases.
- Follow up with concerned officers of the company to attend the court cases.
- Attend the meetings /conferences as and when required /directed by superiors.
- Candidates should possess a BL / LLB / JD, LLM Degree with 8-10 years work experience.
- Candidate must be Male.
N100,000 – N150,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.