Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited, a company in haulage industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Port Operator
- The Port Operator will take charge in loading and unloading cargo from ships, and the placement of cargo in the port area.
- The Port Operator will also takes charge of lashing operations that secure cargo on vessels.
- The Port Operator is responsible for berthing and unberthing vessels, carrying out wharf operations like locking and unlocking containers, and assisting with water bunkering operations.
- The Port Operator will monitor vessel arrival and discharge to coordinate cargo loading and unloading
- The Port Operator will oversee cargo handling operations
- The Port Operator will also perform many other duties that will be assigned
- Minimum of 4 years working experience as a port operator in a shipping company is required for the position.
- Applicant must have a minimum of University Degree in any related field.
- Not more than 35 years.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS-excel, MS-word, Outlook etc.).
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Handles confidential financial and personal information appropriately
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- Work conscientiously and responsibly, be positive, follow the arrangement, and work with a team.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.