Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technician, Instrumentation
Location: Okpella, Edo
Department: DCP – Operations
Job type: Full-time
- Perform routine maintenance, repairs, installation, calibration, adjustment and integration of various types of plant instrumentation equipment.
- Perform all work order maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration of plant equipment as directed.
- Troubleshoot, inspect, test, maintain, repair, clean and calibrate instrumentation and solid state and microprocessor based control equipment including plant communications equipment, programmable controllers, distributive control systems, generator excitation equipment, battery chargers, and semi-conductor devices.
- Repair or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters, transmitters, etc. as needed.
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing or new plant equipment.
- Use a wide range of test equipment, including recorders, computers, control and tuning modules, PC based software analyzer programs, oscilloscopes, data analyzers, logic test equipment, analogue and digital multi-meters, meggars and other test equipment, while performing tests to identify problems and to maintain and calibrate equipment to performance standards.
- Make regular inspection rounds of plant instrumentation, and control equipment.
- Assist in developing detailed preventive and predictive maintenance procedures for plant instrumentation and control equipment.
- Install, build, or modify plant instrument, and control equipment as directed by the Instrumentation Engineer or Section Head.
Education and Work Experience:
- OND Electrical Engineering with 5 years relevant work experience
- Trade Test I in Electrical related Trade with 16 years relevant work experience.
- Trade Test II in Electrical related Trade with 24 years relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of phase testers, multimeters, meggers and other testing equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Very good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal, networking and teaming skills.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools
- Training & Development
- Paid Time Off
- Private Health Insurance
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online