Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investor Relations Manager – Jumia
Job type: Full time
What we are looking for:
- Looking for an experienced finance professional to join the Jumia Investor Relations & Corporate Development team, reporting to the SVP Investor Relations & Corporate Development.
- This person will be a key contact point for investors and research analysts and work in close partnership with a number of internal parties including the senior leadership of Jumia, Finance and FP&A, Business Intelligence, Legal and Public Relations.
- Central role in the preparation of quarterly earnings materials including review and analysis of financial performance and drafting of all relevant communication materials: earnings release, presentation, script and Q&A
- Monitor sell-side research and maintain analyst consensus model
- Conduct peer reporting benchmarking analysis to identify key industry trends relevant to Jumia
- Assist with investor targeting and engagement. Manage the Investor Relations calendar including the planning of investor conferences, non-deal roadshows etc.
- Assist in handling investors and analysts’ enquiries, ensuring responses are timely, accurate and consistent with the agreed upon messages and disclosures
- Assist in the preparation of strategic updates for the Supervisory Board
- Support fundraising efforts including transaction planning and execution
- Assist in developing the Jumia sustainability strategy and disclosure targets
- Engage internal stakeholders across key functions to embed sustainability practices in the business
- Prepare periodic ESG updates for public market participants
- Assist in portfolio optimization efforts, including asset acquisitions and disposals
- Coordinate due diligence efforts across internal teams and external advisers, including financial, commercial, legal and tax
- Assist with financial modeling for valuation purposes
- Assist with transaction structuring and closing
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics or a similar field. CFA a plus, but not required.
- 7+ years experience working in financial services: investment banking, equity research, investor relations, private equity, audit or related work.
- Strong financial and investment analysis capabilities, including experience with financial modeling and valuation. Experience with Factset or similar service is a plus.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills with strong attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Confident in public speaking and Q&A situations.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online