Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Citizenship & Events Manager
Requisition ID: 777
Location: Opebi, Lagos
This role reports to: The Head, Brand & Sustainability
- The Corporate Citizenship & Events Manager supports the efforts of Lafarge Africa Plc to position itself as a socially responsible organization that is focused on sustainable development.
- The incumbent supports the Sustainable Development and Corporate Brand and reporting, to a deliver on this ambition in addition to having direct responsibilities for monitoring, evaluation, impact assessments and reporting.
- Support the implementation of national CSR programs
- Partnerships: support to build effective partnerships with external organizations, including not for profits to support sustainability efforts.
- Directly manage and oversee extensive Employee Volunteering across the country’s operations.
- Support community development programs to ensure they are in line with the overall company sustainable development ambitions while reporting same on a monthly basis.
- Help and give support in case of sensitive situations as regards to relation with stakeholders and communities
- Support to identify potential social reputation, impact and human rights risks from the country operations and help develop corrective action plans and follow-up implementation
- Coordinate the Donations &Charities activities of the company and support to ensure Sponsorships are in line with policy directives.
- Ensure compliance with laid down directives such as data compliance for social interventions, a s well as internal engagement opportunities
- Builds and maintains a profile of strategic partnerships with sustainability networks within Nigeria and the Holcim Group.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Directly responsible for managing the company’s sustainability Reporting activities: compile and maintain sustainability records across the organisation; collate and review Lafarge Africa sustainability statistics to identify trends, risks and areas for improvement
- Provide reports, presentations to diverse stakeholders and information as necessary
- Working with the Regional Communications and Public Affairs Managers, manage and ensure the social audit reporting requirements are regularly updated based on evidence -reporting parameters.
- Ensures the culture of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Impact Assessments (IA) is entrenched in the company’s sustainable development efforts by putting in place frameworks with continuous monitoring for execution.
- Ensure M&E and IAs are conducted for key CSR projects within host communities and nationally, while reporting same on a monthly basis
- Directly responsible for the delivery of related contents for the annual Group self-assessment on stakeholder relations and Sustainable Development.
- Working with the Head of Sustainability, support to ensure internal and external benchmarking to take benefits of ‘best in class’ in corporate social responsibility, while leveraging innovation to design new environmental, social and economic interventions
- Support the CPASD and Sustainability function in the delivery of relevant stakeholders-related audit programmes such as Needs Assessments etc.
CSR Awareness Initiatives:
- Support CPASD team to ensure that the company’s CSR investments and interventions build corporate reputation and contribute to driving corporate success
- Work with the HR, Corporate Communications team (traditional & social media, events &sponsorship, internal comms etc.) to ensure there is effective internal (including Group) and external communications of Sustainability, CSR activities and stakeholder engagement.
- Periodically update the Sustainable Development segment of the corporate website and other online platform.
- Project all LAP’s initiatives on different platforms through newsletters, engagements etc.
Corporate Events & Branding:
- Coordinate and manage all LAP’s corporate events bringing innovation to work and effectively managing agencies
- Ensure effective branding of LAP’s events within and outside the organisation
- Support procurement of the corporate gifts and promotional items, as well as its branding as per LAP’s brand guidelines for different stakeholder groups
- Manage new corporate branding platforms and value building engagements through brand management, effective storytelling and social interactions.
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Internal interfaces: the incumbent is reporting to the Head of Corporate Citizenship. He/she interacts on a daily basis with his/her colleagues within SD, Communications and Public Affairs, Plant Managers.
- Other key internal stakeholders include:
- Interface with members of the Communications function (Country, Group)
- Environment managers
- Targeted plant people of which plant management, local communications, environment and health coordinators are included
- Sourcing / Legal / HR etc.
- External Interfaces:
- Associations, schools and universities, organizations and professionals dedicating resources to stakeholder management
- All SD-related corporate stakeholders: NGOs, public authorities (support to Public Affairs), SD counterparts within other companies.
Education & Experience
- First Degree or equivalent in Arts & Humanities
- 5 – 7 years experience in the domain of sustainable development, environment, social responsibility for large industrial oragnizations with multinational footprints
- Experience in reporting, data analysis and administration
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Experience of stakeholder relations with government and non-government
- Any relevant professional institute membership
- Communication skills: good writing skills a MUST, impeccable spoken English
- Basic knowledge of cement production processes
- Computer Skills
- Good knowledge of print production
- Negotiation skills
- Reporting: Report writing and presentation skills
- Data Analysis skills
- Business intelligence.
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Self confidence
- Team spirit
- Tact and tolerance
- Commitment to Excellence.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skils
- strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and methodical
- Meticulous planning and attention to detail
- Results oriented
- High integrity
- Pro-active decision making
- Passion for high standards.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online