Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited, a company in haulage industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Port Operation Supervisor
- The Port Operations Supervisor will assists in planning the sequence of loading and unloading cargo from ships, and the placement of cargo in the port area.
- The Supervisor will oversees large-scale operations, assists in resource planning and deploys manpower for each shift.
- The supervisor will also takes charge of lashing operations that secure cargo on vessels.
- The supervisor is responsible for berthing and unberthing vessels, carrying out wharf operations like locking and unlocking containers, and assisting with water bunkering operations.
- The supervisor will allocate resources to carry out vessel loading and unloading plan
- The supervisor will deploy staff to match operational demands
- The supervisor will facilitate communication between the management and working staff
- The supervisor will monitor vessel arrival and discharge to coordinate cargo loading and unloading
- The supervisor will oversee cargo handling operations
- The supervisor will perform daily planning on resource allocation (berths, yard and stowage planning).
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a port operation supervisor in a shipping company is required for the position.
- Not more than 40 years.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS-excel, MS-word, Outlook etc.).
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Handles confidential financial and personal information appropriately
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.