Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data.FI Nigeria Epidemiologist
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium was recently awarded the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
- Palladium is currently seeking an epidemiologist for Data.FI, Nigeria who will provide leadership and technical expertise for in-depth epidemiological analyses of HIV clinical and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- Provide leadership for advanced analyses to evaluate the HIV/AIDS epidemic control activities in Nigeria using electronic medical systems, OVC case management, supply chain, and viral load data
- Support the development of an Evaluation Framework to guide analysis and triangulation of existing evaluation, research and program data (electronic or otherwise) to better inform disease control efforts
- Coordinate the development of required umbrella protocols Data.Fi project as well as provide feedback to all implementing partners with individual data systems on appropriate collection of high-quality data towards monitoring the HIV/AIDS epidemic
- Responsible for the development and implementation of public health epidemiological studies, gaining access to data, ensuring IRB approval (if necessary), and dissemination of findings
- Analyze data from existing electronic platforms and will produce abstracts, manuscripts, presentations, etc. to be presented at conferences or submitted for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Provide direct guidance and technical assistance to Implementing Partners (IPs) and United States Government (USG) staff affiliated with evaluation activities in activities related to the Data.Fi project
- Research and evaluate state-of-the-art project-specific technical strategies and approaches and recommend updates and changes as appropriate.
- Medical related Degree (Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy) is required
- A Master’s or a higher degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Field Epidemiology, Social Sciences or related field is also required
- At least 5 years progressive public health experience and/or research experience within the HIV/AIDS program.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Nigeria’s HIV epidemic response
- Demonstrate knowledge of epidemiology, statistical analysis and public health relevant to the HIV and TB epidemic
- Demonstrate experience managing research/evaluation projects and resources
- Demonstrate innovative methods to manage both aggregate and individual level data to inform epidemic response
- Demonstrate experience in managing large datasets from program/survey/surveillance data
- Expertise in MIS Office, and statistical analysis software such as SAS, STATA or SPSS and working knowledge of GIS software required
- At least 3 first-author publications in peer reviewed journals
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online