Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator Assistant
Location: Ngala, Borno
Contract Start Date: ASAP Projected contract duration is 4 Months – with possibility of extension.
Goal & Purpose
- The Field Coordinator Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in his/her representation, program coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone, coordination with other humanitarian participants, team management and security and humanitarian monitoring. These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant Field Coordinator.
- It is strictly prohibited for the Field Coordinator Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidarités International and its activities without prior authorization from the Field Coordinator.
- In addition, the Field Coordinator Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, as well as their post-validation circulation
List of Main Tasks
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of – the Field Coordinator
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing
- Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator
- Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility
- Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base other departments.
- To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidarités International’s mandate.
- Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends
- Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section
- Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings
- Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting
Organisation Chart Position (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Field Coordinator
- Line report(s) on base:
- Functional manager:
- Functional report(s): Operation teams
- B.Sc. / HND Social Sciences / Development Studies or any relevant field
- 2 years of experience in a similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 1 year of progressive experience in an INGO
- Project-related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Data collection and analysis software
- Rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress
What We Offer
- Salary + Transport & Housing contributions + Social benefits (Medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates should Click on the link above to fill the Application Form and attach their CV and Motivation Letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Candidates should select “Field Coordinator Assistant” in the application form
Application Deadline 24th September, 2021.