Inner Galaxy Steel Company Limited remains our biggest investment in the Nigerian economy yet. Located in Umuahala community of Abia state which is some 25km to the industrial and commercial city of Aba, it is a focused steel manufacturing outfit with the capacity to produce reinforced steel bars of different sizes as well as steel products of various shapes and sizes for the Nigerian market as well as the West African coast. With our dedication to quality, we have also begun the production of Thermo-Mechanically Treated (TMT) rebars of various sizes as well.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chinese Interpreter / Translator
Location: Umuahala, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Translator to interpret written and audio pieces in chinese and English language, making sure to maintain their original meaning, format and tone.
- Translator responsibilities include reading and thoroughly understanding the context of given material, using specialized dictionaries and translation tools and proofreading finished pieces of work.
- To be successful in this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in at least two(English and Chinese)languagei.
- Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal needs and helps us reach a broader audience.
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminology.
- Convert text and audio recordings from one language to one or more others.
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone.
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations.
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation.
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy.
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs.
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure).
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices.
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc in Translation or HSK 3 and above, Interpreting or similar field.
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus.
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role.
- Fluency in at least Chinese and English language.
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.
- Good knowledge of content editing tools.
- Must be willing to stay on the company Accommodation.
- Familiarity with translation software.
- Time-management skills.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (your resume should have your passport attached), Certificates and Means of Identification (such as Drivers license, International Passport or National ID) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: You can Chat HR at: 08020541883 or call: 09068592654 for enquiries