The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Disciplinary Unit – Regulation
Department: Office of the DH-Regulation
Report to: Executive Director, Regulation
Grade: Assistant Manager – Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, December 16, 2019
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- As part of its aim of bolstering investor confidence, The Exchange is currently reviewing and making changes to its disciplinary framework; and needs a consummate legal professional with a strong personality, good people management skills, and the ability to work as a team player to support the improvements to its Disciplinary process.
- This individual will work out of the Office of the Head, Regulation, and manage The Exchange’s Disciplinary Unit.
- The individual would be required to have a thorough understanding of The Exchange’s policies, overall mission and strategy, as well as a strong legal background, including stellar academic credentials.
- Working with other business departments to manage The Exchange’s Disciplinary Process for its Dealing Members and Issuers in line with The Exchange’s framework, bearing in mind best practice and international standards. Drafting, reviewing and advising in a qualitative manner documentation of all types relating to Disciplinary matters within agreed timeframes
- Providing support to The Exchange’s disciplinary organs and by extension, enterprise wide legal support to all structures involved in the Disciplinary process
- Providing legal opinions and advice as required by the National Council and relevant Council Committees for the purposes of Disciplinary proceedings. Attending meetings with third parties and stakeholders with a view to implementing The Exchange’s Disciplinary Process
- Whilst conducting disciplinary matters, pay attention to minimizing the exposure of The Exchange to legal liabilities. Working on the procedures, practices, rules and regulations relating to the Disciplinary process with a view to enhancing them and making them more robust
- Participating as representative of the Disciplinary function in Committees and Projects within and outside the enterprise, as may be authorised
- Supporting the business in finding creative ways to meet its SRO enforcement objectives
- Ensuring KPIs are met
- Ensuring cost effective service provision for all services rendered.
Qualifications and Experience
- A law degree with a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ working experience and at least 1 year of managerial experience
- Strong understanding of securities laws and a good understanding of laws affecting the capital markets, NSE Rules and CAMA
- Knowledge of Administrative Review and Regulatory Oversight matters
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability in a complex organization
- Sound business and legal judgment with problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to build strong partnerships with business and corporate staff, communicate to a wide variety of audiences in clear, understandable language
- Use of computer tools such as MS Outlook, and Word.
- Analytical Thinking
- Excellent Communication Skills, both Written and Verbal
- Ability to own complex initiatives; superior project management skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Time Management & Multi-tasking abilities
- Drive and enthusiasm in getting things done
- Ability to generate trust and respect from staff and external stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.