FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collection Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
About the Job
- FINCA Recruits to fill the position of Collection Officer, who will be responsible for helping FINCA collect repayments and deposits as quickly as possible, reducing cash-flow issues and allowing for smooth business operation.
- The Collection Officer will be in contact with FINCA Customers – savers and debtors daily, to claim outstanding loans and receive savings deposits when required.
- S/he will be assists in the coordination of collection of systems and procedures following the policies and procedures of FINCA and the Central Bank. The role reports to the Customer Relationship Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Corresponds with FINCA loan Customers to negotiate and monitor payment plans.
- Records and revises account histories, processes payments, and reevaluates payment plans.
- Responsible for prioritizing and entering overdue accounts into the collection process in a timely manner.
- Analyzes and investigates account history to resolve questionable charges and explains balances to concerned parties.
- Coordinates collection efforts with other credit staff and/or departments in order to respond to individual needs, collect outstanding balances more efficiently and recommends system and procedural changes in collections efforts.
- Serves as a source of information to the organization and the departments.
- Assists in training new collection staff, may assist in supervising and distributing work during peak periods.
- May compile and evaluate monthly statistics concerning the number of accounts in collection, the amounts collected, and the amounts that remain to be collected and coordinates and compiles monthly departmental summaries for review by Management.
- Adherence to the FINCA Nigeria Credit and other related policies
- Ensure to meet customer service standards, enabling FINCA to better understand customer’s experience in order for improvement and innovation of products and services, or process improvements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Ordinary Diploma in related fields.
- Some level of relevant work experience in working with either Microfinance institution, Banking sector or cash handling functions.
- A sound knowledge of Microfinance, principles and practices of banking, practices of Microfinance deposit-taking institutions
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Use of mathematical models, process maps, and planning tools.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies and qualities:
- An effective implementer of organizational policies and procedures at the branch
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the state at least 70%
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented and self-motivation towards performance.
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and commitment to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of business, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV (in Word or PDF format) to: email@example.com with the position as subject of the email.